Me First Respite Care provides personal support and assistance to individuals to remain safe, independent, and engaged in leading enriching lives at home. It's often the kind of in-home help that allows people to avoid moving out of their homes into less attractive and crowed settings.
Me First Respite Care personal services can include companionship, safety, and assistance with daily living (ADLs) which is routine activities that people do every day without needing assistance. Our basic ADLs include meal preparation, eating, oral and personal hygiene, dressing, and incontinence care. Also included is light housekeeping, accompany to appointments, medication reminders, help with grocery shopping and errands, daily schedule assistance and monitoring of health and wellness.
Me First Respite Care Companions will come to your home and provide the services needed.
Our Care Companions are compassionate, qualified, and carefully selected individuals. They are thoroughly screened, insured, and bonded. Most importantly, our priority is to have Care Companions who are trustworthy and enjoy caring for others.
What is light housekeeping: In a nutshell, it is completing the specific tasks required to tidy up areas that the client uses personally.
This service should not be confused as a housekeeping service. Light housekeeping is only one part of the overall care service provided by Me First Care Companions to the elderly or disabled adult. We provide this service to make their lives safer and more pleasant in their home.
- The dishes used to prepare a meal will be washed and put back in the cupboard.
- The towels and washcloths will be hung up to dry or put in the laundry in the bathroom after use by the client
- The bathroom will be cleaned after the client has used it including the sink, shower/tub, toilet, countertops, and mirrors
- Dusting of surfaces and knickknacks, as well as picking up newspapers and other clutter
- Emptying trash
- Vacuuming and sweeping of main walk areas
- Making bed and changing bed linen