Respite Care service offer family caregivers a unique opportunity to leave home or step away from their caregiving duties from a few hours to days with the peace of mind that comes with knowing their loved ones are in capable hands.
Me First Respite Care would like to help society add value to Family Caregivers by providing temporary in home non-medical respite care.
We understand that it's because of love that you are providing care, but it can also be stressful, overwhelming, and exhausting if relief is not given when needed. Me First Respite Care partners with the family caregiver to support you on your care giving journey and give you peace of mind.
Family caregivers take a break from their care giving duties to maintain good health and take care of personal needs. Don't give up the things you enjoy because you are a caregiver, Me First Respite Care is your solution.
We encourage family caregivers to take a break because burnout is real and so are the consequences. They need to take care of themselves to be better equipped to care for others.
What Are the Benefits of Respite Care?
- R – Relaxation, Rejuvenate and Refresh: Taking a walk, strolling leisurely, exercise or whatever brings you joy can calm a caregiver.
- E – Energy: To be effective in their own work, a caregiver must have time to re-energize. Even an automobile won’t run on empty.
- S – Space: Getting away from the care giving situation for even a few hours helps with relaxation and brings a renewed sense of purpose.
- P – Pleasure: A caregiver must remember that they have the right to enjoy life even if they feel their care recipient cannot do the same.
- I – Identity: A caregiver must be intentional in maintaining a sense of self.
- T – Time: A caregiver needs time away from the situation to see it more clearly and upon return, adjustments can be made to improve the experience.
- E – Engagement: Social isolation can be a huge problem for caregivers. It’s important to take time to engage with friends and family.
Me First Respite Care Companions are experienced, compassionate, screened, bonded, and insured. We only hire individuals that we would invite into our homes to care for our loved ones.